MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ezgallery - How to get a link in my header bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I've got Ezgallery and it's installed and everything, but I have no way for my forum members to access it to start building their galleries.

How do I get a "gallery" link to show up in my navbar next to "View Today's Posts". There's space for it - I just don't know which template to modify and what to put in for the code.

Thanks in advance for the help!
If you want it next to "View Today's Posts" you will need to do the following:

Templates & Style > Templates > *current template being used* > Header Templates > header_welcomeblock_member...

Now you will view the file and find this:

{$lang->welcome_newposts}

And the above code is actually displaying "View New Posts" and so on and so on..

If you would like to have it right after "View Today's Post" you will need to post it after the following string:

{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}

Well actually you will see a "</a> | <a href="......" and you will want to post your link right here:

"</a> | <a href="link.php">GALLERY</a> | <a href="....."

I hope I helped and if you have any questions, just reply! Smile
OK, that seems to have worked (although my code was all in html - way easier for me than PHP which I'm still learning). Thanks a zillion!
What do you mean your code was all in HTML?
I mean it looks like this:

<td class="tcat" align="center"><div style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px;"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"><font color="#3C4D81"><b>Home</b></a></font></td>

<td class="tcat" align="center"><div style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px;"><a href="$settings[bburl]/usercp.php"><b><font color="#3C4D81">User Cp</a></b></font></td>

<td class="tcat" align="center"><div style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px;"><a href="search.php?action=getdaily"><b><font color="#ff0000">View Today's Posts </a></b></font></td>

<td class="tcat" align="center"><div style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px"><a href="ezgallery.php"><b><font color="#3C4D81">Gallery</a></b></font></td>

<td class="tcat" align="center"><div style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px;"><a href="$settings[bburl]/search.php"><b><font color="#3C4D81">Search</a></b></font></td>

<td class="tcat" align="center"><div style="text-align: center; font-size: 11px;"><a href="$settings[bburl]/memberlist.php"><b><font color="#3C4D81">$lang->toplinks_memberlist</a></b></font></td>

Up at the top of the template there's PHP, but the guts of what makes this one tick is HTML. For what it's worth, the template I'm using is GreenT.