MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View Forum As *Insert Usergroup Here*
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If this is already in MyBB, *facepalm* (I've never found one), but would be really nice to have this. Helps when doing themes or setting up new forums, and beats creating useless profiles and logging in / out / back in / etc.
That would be pointless.
Then users could view the forum as anything they wanted to which meant they would view forums that their group couldn't view. Unless you added if session admin into it, then maybe, but it would be simple.

Have like a dropdown saying if your group is admin, then change your display group.. maybe something like that.. I'll start to work on that *as a plugin* and I'll be sure to PM you once I've figured it out. But I wont start working on it until I'm bored. Toungue right now I'm busy helping people on this forum. But yea.. I guess that is a good idea because I could use that!
I definitely mean as an Admin only feature. xP
Yea, well that should be pretty easy. Like I said, I'll work on it! Maybe release it as a plugin! Great idea man! Thanks for the idea!
Here's a plugin (Simulate Usergroup) I created a couple years ago for development purposes which does what you ask, I never bothered to upload it. It should still work, let me know if it doesn't.
Wow, thanks, I'll definitely make use of that. Big Grin
Just came across this topic and just want to say thank you Jammerx2. Saves me having to keep upgrading and downgrading my test account.