MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional Contact Information + Skype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be a great idea to add Skype to the Additional Contact Information because that is all I use. Most of the time I have my Skype in my signature, but I would love to be able to add it to my profile by default. Maybe in 1.7 (if) but it would be nice not to have to manually add it every time I install a new MyBB forum!

/discuss
I am looking for a Skype field plugin too. I am thinking about making my own though.
You can add custom profile fields by default just so you guys are aware.
True... But in my case, I want to add an image + link to the — not the postbit, but the thing w/ username, rank/group etc.
Still pretty simple to do actually. I'm pretty sure there a tut for adding custom profile fields to the postbit. If there isn't I'll make one someone time this week.
It probably wouldn't hurt for me to write a plugin. I still need/want to learn it. I understand PHP&Co. just fine, but am not 100% knowledgeable about the plugin system. Sad
Well, I'm not talking about a field really, but the "online" "offline" picture under MSN and all that. I'm not saying it's hard to do, I'm just saying it would be nice to have in default.