MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bottommenu outside content area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Does anyone know how i go about moving the Bottommenu outside of the main content div, i want the Bottommenu to bleed right to the edge of the page but at the moment it has a margin.

[attachment=25346]

The link to my forum is protected at the moment due to it being under developement, but you can see from the screenshot i am promting MyBB as per the rules.

Thanks for your help
Riichard
Are you talking about the "Contact Us | Just Star...."?
Yeah that is it. I would like to move that outside the main Content DIV so i can make the black bar span right to the edge.
In ACP, go to Templates & Style > Templates > *your theme* > Footer Templates > footer > then take the entire <div id="bottommenu">.......</div> and move it to where you would like. Or it may be easier, if you theme is set up like this, add 2 </div>'s at the very top. Try that but it will not be centered. You must go to themes and find #bottommenu and set a width and the margin must be auto. If you need more help, just let me know.
(2012-01-20, 03:49 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]In ACP, go to Templates & Style > Templates > *your theme* > Footer Templates > footer > then take the entire <div id="bottommenu">.......</div> and move it to where you would like. Or it may be easier, if you theme is set up like this, add 2 </div>'s at the very top. Try that but it will not be centered. You must go to themes and find #bottommenu and set a width and the margin must be auto. If you need more help, just let me know.

Hello,

This is what is in my Footer template, their is no #Content div their, it must be included somewhere else.

<br />
			<div class="bottommenu">
				<div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>
				<div>
					<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['contactlink']}">{$lang->bottomlinks_contactus}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a></span>
				</div>
			</div>
			</div>
		<hr class="hidden" />
			<div id="copyright">
				<div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
				<!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community. 
					 It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact, 
					 to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below, 
					 you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
{$lang->powered_by} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.<br />
				<!-- End powered by -->
				<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
		</div>
		</div>

Try this:

</div></div>
<br />
            <div class="bottommenu">
                <div class="float_right">{$lang_select}</div>
                <div>
                    <span class="smalltext"><a href="{$mybb->settings['contactlink']}">{$lang->bottomlinks_contactus}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['homeurl']}">{$mybb->settings['homename']}</a> | <a href="#top">{$lang->bottomlinks_returntop}</a> | <a href="#content">{$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent}</a> | <a href="<archive_url>">{$lang->bottomlinks_litemode}</a> | <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=syndication">{$lang->bottomlinks_syndication}</a></span>
                </div>
            </div>
            </div>
        <hr class="hidden" />
            <div id="copyright">
                <div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
                <!-- MyBB is free software developed and maintained by a volunteer community. 
                     It would be much appreciated by the MyBB Group if you left the full copyright and "powered by" notice intact, 
                     to show your support for MyBB.  If you choose to remove or modify the copyright below, 
                     you may be refused support on the MyBB Community Forums.

This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->
{$lang->powered_by} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB{$mybbversion}</a>, &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <a href="http://mybb.com/" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.<br />
                <!-- End powered by -->
                <br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
        </div>
        </div>
Hello,

Thanks, that seems to have done exactly what i wanted , check the result i have attached.

[attachment=25353]

How can i bring the language a little closer to the content, or is where it is the best i can get/do.

Cheers
Rich
Go to global.css and search for .bottommenu

When you find that, it should have a margin code.
Post that for me.
.bottommenu {
background: #000000;
color: #ffffff;
padding: 10px;
}

.bottommenu a:link {
color: #ffcc33;
text-decoration: none;}

.bottommenu a:hover {
color: #fdcb52;
text-decoration: none;