MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Auto-Name Complete/Fill--in like in Compose PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a form where a member of certain privaleges can fill in information about other members.

When it comes to the members being filled in, I'd like to use the Auto-Complete like you get when PMing - start filling in the member's name and it shows a list of possible members.

Not sure how I'd go about this.

I am using 1.6.3 and Pro Portal. Creating the portal page isn't the issue. It's trying to get an input box that will auto-fill/auto-complete the member's name(s) that I can't seem to get.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
<textarea tabindex="1" cols="38" rows="2" id="to" name="to" autocomplete="on"></textarea>
Let me know if that works.. I'm not sure if it will.
Wow.. REALLY??? That easy???

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
(2012-01-20, 04:20 PM)db phantom cm Wrote: [ -> ]Wow.. REALLY??? That easy???

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if that works.

just make sure where ever you have that textarea, that you include "jscripts/autocomplete.js"
No, it doesn't work. The autocomplete attribute is for the browser, and not MyBB. You'll probably need a plugin to do this.
There's nothing I can pull from MYBB itself to do this? It's being done in the PM section. And yeah - it didn't work. Sad
AutoComplete is for Chrome.

You can do something similar by getting Labrocca's Contact Form plugin from MyBB Central
You could have a look the attachment of this post. Could be of any help for you...