MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I changed the admin to registered and now cannot do anything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first: I am an idiot. OK, now that is over. I have several test users and was trying to test a new forum where only registered users could view posts. I stupidly changed the status of my only admin user to registered. Now I cannot do anything. I have a Forum Management page open but if I try to do anything, it just asks for my password and doesn't let me in.

What can I do? I have shell access so I should be able to run a mysql command but unfortunately cannot run it from the nice little plugin in mybb :-( so I would have to do it directly, which I don't actually remember how to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

My Forum
OK, I figured it out. Turns out that 1and1.com has a rather nice mysql management tool and I was able to browse my user name and change the usergroup to 4. Too easy. Thanks to anyone who read this and tried to think of a solution for me.
Can your permissions in your database. You can always change the settings via the database if something bad happens like this.
(2012-01-21, 02:58 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]Can your permissions in your database. You can always change the settings via the database if something bad happens like this.

That is what I did. The trick was to know that usergroup = 4 is admin and that 1and1.com has a great mysql administration tool.
So is this solved?
Sorry, I should have marked it as solved. Done now. I had added a comment at the end of my initial post

"OK, I figured it out. Turns out that 1and1.com has a rather nice mysql management tool and I was able to browse my user name and change the usergroup to 4. Too easy. Thanks to anyone who read this and tried to think of a solution for me."

I thought that was sufficient.