MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paid Subscription Function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would LOVE to see a "paid subscription" function in there. I know everyone that has a MyBB Forum does include "VIP Access" and what not.

Please let the developer team know if you use this kind of function and let them know you would like to see this! Please use the above form and let the developer team know how often you use this.
Imo better suited as a plugin.
One thing that ruins a forum in my opinion is this "VIP membership"... a board starts fine and everyone is happy, then the admin comes up with this VIP thing, and then all the privileges go to VIP members (support/themes/no ads/reputations/more PMs/username change/admin friendly..............)
Then the board becomes a business place...

I'd rather accept donations than privileging some members just because they have $$

Sorry for this introduction, my answer is "best suited as a plugin"
I like the idea though.
Hmm kinda good as vB also has inbuilt (I guess?), but though I'd say it'd be better suited as plugin.
But how do you choose a payment processor, sticking people with one from core is terrible, because for one the usual ones are all terrible.
I dont' understand. I mean MyBB could implement the major processors and you just type your id or email and bam! lol
(2012-01-21, 05:52 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]But how do you choose a payment processor, sticking people with one from core is terrible, because for one the usual ones are all terrible.
You could do like include the basic ones by default like PayPal, LR and AlertPay.

Other payment processors could be developed as an add-on if needed.

* Yaldaram thinks that devs. might have to do a lot of coding for this feature though :s
(2012-01-21, 10:13 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]* Yaldaram thinks that devs. might have to do a lot of coding for this feature though :s

No no no. It's actually quite simple. Take a look at the plugin! I'm sure the developers could easily implement that plugin in with the forum.

(2012-01-21, 10:13 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]* Yaldaram thinks that devs. might have to do a lot of coding for this feature though :s

http://community.mybb.com/thread-77803.html
Looks like the "devs" already made one! Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3