MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [How to?] Forum icons and conditional...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would put to each forum a different icon (instead of on/off.gif), but I would that each icon has opacity at 0.5 if it is "off" and opacity 1.0 if it is "new". I realized it in vBulletin 4 with conditionals, but I'm not able to do it in MyBB, can someone help me?

Thanks (:
This seems like an awful lot of trouble just to save one HTTP request, which I assume is your reason for this request.

I would just design the on.gif image as you want and then make a copy with 0.5 opacity for off.gif.
I have my icon, and I could make it with opacity by my-self. The reason of the request is only if it's possible to use a conditional to distinguish forum with new and old messages, (I'm still used to the vbulletin code) there aren't other reasons.
You can distinguish forums with new and old messages without conditionals. Like I said, just design the on.gif, off.gif and offlock.gif however you want.
If you can't say me the way using conditionals, I suppose that 3 images is the better way... Now, in the end, how can I put a different icon for each forum?
Fabio, he's looking for a bit more than that.

@OP: I believe it should be possible, though you'll definitely need the template conditionals plugin
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=464
Thak you too, euantor,

I'm using that plugin, but the matter is that I haven't a deep knowledge of MyBB code, and I can't find any list of conditionals that I can use in it. In few words I've coded a skin for vBulletin, and now I'm tring to recode it for MyBB, I used lots of conditionals in vBulletin so if it's possible i would reuse them in MyBB without searching alternative ways...:/
Ah, I see the problem. I'll take a look and post some code for you when I'm back at the computer later Smile
Ok, thank you a lot in advance (: