MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 error on login after 1.6.5 install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our board was originally phpbb3 then converted to MyBB a few years ago. We have been running ver 1.4.11 until Sunday where I converted it to 1.6.5 after I backed up and dragged a copy of the forum directory to my computer. Install went well and the board was working fine until the 19th. One of the member ask for a link change to our Home web page. I was trying to find where to make the change but never found it. As I was looking through the site there were several folders that was backed up I no longer needed. I deleted them as well as the phpbb3 thinking since it was converted I no longer needed. No issues until the next day when I went to login. I got the error message below.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='W9XE' LIMIT 1

I am using Opera for the Mac and it would show the forum as a guest. No link to the ACP. I also run windows and opened IE8 and found the same problem. It did show ACP but gave the same error. I restored the phpbb3 and forum directory but still got the error. I decided to run the 1.6.5 upgrade again. It ran fine until it got to “Repairing Database Sequences” where it got the Fatal Error [SQL] [1060] error. I searched the forum here and found a fix. Ran the full install again and the install went fine. I then opened IE8 and it had remembered my login username and password. I could also get in the ACP with no problems. However if I switch to Opera or Firefox that did not retain the username and password I get the above error. I checked with other members and found if their browser retained their information they can use the forum as normal but if not they get the same error as above.

Can someone please help us. I know I put a lot of history here but I thought you may need to know the order of sequence. The site is http://www.waarci.org/forum/

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Larry Vandivier
Webmaster
[email protected]

Hmm, strange.... any other staff member have any input? [aka free bump]
(2012-01-22, 01:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html

Matt

THANK YOU so much. The link you provided had the exact fix. The 3rd party program was the cause. I deactivated this and was able to login now.

Login Password Conversion (1.0)
Converts passwords to the correct type when logging in. To be used in conjunction with the MyBB Merge System.
Created by MyBB Group
You need to use the newer version though like it says, not just deactivate it, otherwise people who haven't had their passwords converted won't be able to log in.