MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when Members are trying to sign up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it has come to my attention that nobody can sign up at my sight, and i really don't know why, it has something to do with the member.php i guess.. can somebody help me out? this is what i keep getting...

Quote:http://gyazo.com/588c75441757d5be1299737e03d5a017

MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.Error Type:Catchable Fatal Error (4096)Error Message:Object of class captcha could not be converted to stringLocation:File: member.php(741) : eval()'d code
Line: 44Backtrace:FileLineFunction/inc/class_error.php206errorHandler->output_error/member.php(741) : eval()'d code44errorHandler->error/member.php741eval
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Member Templates > member_register > find the following;
{$captcha}
and Change it into;
{$hiddencaptcha}
(2012-01-21, 06:14 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ACP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Member Templates > member_register > find the following;
{$captcha}
and Change it into;
{$hiddencaptcha}

No that wasnt it Undecided I'm still getting the same error message. Also it was already set to
{$hiddencaptcha}

I added a pic of the Error guys, does anybody know whats going on?
Disable it for now, until you fix it.
(2012-01-21, 07:32 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]Disable it for now, until you fix it.

Well if i do that then won't nobody be able to sign up?
Looks like a config error was config.default.php changed?
disable captcha for registrations for awhile . AND you can use registration security questions to prevent spam bots ...

admin panel --> configuration --> settings --> General Configuration --> CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting <-- select no captcha AND save settings
I am getting this problem too. Can anyone help ?