MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guide to editting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a guide or tutorial on how to edit a theme/template? Like what each template represents and where it is? When you go to edit your template, you come across many templates.
[Image: eGVCBf.png]
When you try to edit one of the templates, you come across more specific templates.
[Image: N3n33g.png]
Is there a guide that tells us which of those represents which on your forum's page?
enable template comment output in your settings and then you will see in the source code of each page, the start and end of each template
(2012-01-21, 09:18 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]enable template comment output in your settings and then you will see in the source code of each page, the start and end of each template

I already have it enabled. What do you mean I will see the source code of each page at the start and end of each template?
on your forum pages, if you look at the source code (right click in your browser > view source) you will see items like

<-- start index template -->
<--start header -->
<-- end header -->
<--end index -->

that tells you when each template is used and what other templates are contained within it
How would you change the color of the background of the text?

[Image: A9XLh2.png]
I want to change the background from grey to black.
Open your global.css file, find .trow1 and .trow2, then change #7b7b7b to #000000. Assuming that's how they styled it.
I figured it out yesterday when I was messing around with it. Thanks for all the help though.