MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contact Details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

I want to customize the contact details of the profiles on my site.

I want all the fields that are empty to be removed from the profile.

For example, if the user doesn't have ICQ set, it wouldn't be shown on his page.

Also, how can I add additional details, such as steam, skype and so on?

Thank you.
see Hide empty profile fields in profiles

AND you can use use {$userfields['fidX']} where X is field id number (eg. {$userfields['fid4']})

see also this related tutorial
Thanks for your help. I was wondering how can I add new fields as well if it possible?

Thank you.
new fields are added from admin panel --> configuration --> Custom Profile Fields --> Add New Profile Field

see also [Wiki: Admin_CP_Config_Profile_Fields] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2012-01-22, 10:38 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]new fields are added from admin panel --> configuration --> Custom Profile Fields --> Add New Profile Field

see also [Wiki: Admin_CP_Config_Profile_Fields] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Nope, that's not what I want. I want to add a field below ICQ, Yahoo, MSN details. Like Skype for example. Get it?

If you don't I could make a screenshot. Smile
^ as you add new custom field, it automatically comes on user's profile & user's control panel ...
>.>
[Image: oFHDc.png]
^ okay ! you can hide it on profile fields AND show it at your required place by adding the required field in member_profile template ..

find code similar to below :
<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolors['msn']}"><strong>{$lang->msn}</strong></td>
<td class="{$bgcolors['msn']}"><a href="javascript:;" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('misc.php?action=imcenter&amp;imtype=msn&amp;uid={$uid}', 'imcenter', 450, 300);">{$memprofile['msn']}</a></td>
</tr>

add code similar to below after above code with required style in global.css
<tr>
<td class="skypebg"><strong>Skype ID</strong></td>
<td class="skypebg"><strong>{$userfields['fidX']}</strong></td>
</tr>
Hmm, doesn't look really good. Undecided
well ! what is your forum URL ? can guests see user profiles ? have you used css style for the added field ...
Pages: 1 2