MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make a simple section where only admins can post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! How can i make a simple section, where only admins can post but can be seen by all the users. I want it something to be like post under post, a WTF of the day section, more here...:

http://loudwire.com/category/wtf/ That's how i'd like it to be, please don't say to use Wordpress or something, cause i just want it to be in the MyBB. I gues it won't be hard to make something like that though. Post under post, etc. Thanks, waiting for a reply!
it can be achieved by using group permissions . for your specific forum, allow all eligible groups to view AND put posting permissions for admins only !
see [wiki]Admin_CP_Forum_Management#Permissions[/wiki]
I know about that, but how can i make it something like post under post, but not to have that topic design though. Something like the link i mentioned would be really cool.
^ you may have to use xThreads ... (ex.) OR wait for a blog system ...
Thanks Ranjani, it works, but why the hell it gets the topic from a location i didn't even mentioned?

P.S: Ohh, it gets the posts from the forums in the main category i think.
P.P.S: Can I put my trust in this plugin or it may have security issues?
Btw, got a question, what's the difference between a normal portal post and this one ? I really cannot see any :-s.