MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Registration Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I get this error whether I register a new user from the registration page or via the ACP.

Please Help!

mySQL error: 1364
Field 'avatartype' doesn't have a default value
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_users (username, password, salt, loginkey, email, usergroup, regdate, lastactive, lastvisit, website, icq, aim, yahoo, msn, birthday, allownotices, hideemail, emailnotify, receivepms, pmpopup, pmnotify, remember, showsigs, showavatars, showquickreply, invisible, style, timezone, dst, threadmode, daysprune, regip, language, showcodebuttons, tpp, ppp) VALUES ('DruAssassin', 'bfb22a1ee0b55ba5da92075b55e099ca', '1FcIUPix', 'OCySkDP11JW6e3kzxRT9zspM6uHQf9xlejkK5YZNDhSeYYPLSG', '*email deleted for support post*', '5', '1155271918', '1155271918', '0', '', '0', '', '', '', '', 'yes', 'no', 'no', 'yes', 'yes', 'no', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'no', '0', '-6', 'no', '', '0', '68.169.242.19', '', '1', '0', '0');
I was able to fix this my disabling Strict Mode in MySQL5.

Is there a fix if Strict Mode is enabled?
Yes. You would have to make a minor modification to the database. I believe you just need to change the avatartype field to allow null values.
I think it's an issue with 1.0.. In 1.2 you should be able to run it in strict mode.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...6#pid65386
SnakEyez Wrote:Yes. You would have to make a minor modification to the database. I believe you just need to change the avatartype field to allow null values.

I made that sql change and it did not make any difference until I disabled STRICT MODE.

Thanks
Christian Wrote:I think it's an issue with 1.0.. In 1.2 you should be able to run it in strict mode.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...6#pid65386

1.2 is not released yet. I do not wish to hold up the deployment of the site until the problem fixed in 1.2

I appreciate your reply.

Do we have a release date yet on 1.2, though?
kungfubeer Wrote:Do we have a release date yet on 1.2, though?

Sometime this month, hopefully.

Note, this is not an official ETA.