MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tri-Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-01-23, 09:32 PM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Three monitors means three times the radiation.

...no thanks.

Do you have a cellphone? That gives off a crap tonne. Do you have wifi? Do you live near industrial wifi? All of those give tons. School networks are the worst.
Most modern monitors give off very little radiation anyway, its so small its almost negligible Confused

As said, wifi, mobile phones and other radio devices are worse.
LED-backlit LCD monitors give off next to no radiation. CCFL-backlit LCD monitors (almost any that aren't LED) give off slightly more, but still next to none (and the plastic frame and LCD pane itself more or less block it all anyway). CRT monitors give off some, but then again the reason they're so damn heavy is because the glass that makes up the screen is thick leaded glass designed to block all of that radiation. You're more likely to get cancer standing outside than you are from a monitor. As far as heat goes, CRT is the only one I can think of that generates any significant heat.

On-topic: I hope to get another 2 monitors sometime soon and have them all side-by-side. I was so very sad to downgrade to a single monitor, and miss having the extra space to not have to swap between a browser and my IDE.
@firestryke I though CRT's gave off beta particles? That's why pregnant women are told not to work anywhere near them anymore?
(2012-01-23, 08:07 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]How well does windows work with this guys? I already have a program I bought for the dual screen.

Windows handles multiple monitors just fine, but as Tom said, Ultramon is handy (it basically just extends your task bar across all monitors).
(2012-01-24, 01:06 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-23, 08:07 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]How well does windows work with this guys? I already have a program I bought for the dual screen.

Windows handles multiple monitors just fine, but as Tom said, Ultramon is handy (it basically just extends your task bar across all monitors).

But a single gfx card isn't going to hold 3 monitors.
(2012-01-24, 02:24 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]

If your graphics card supports it...sure it will Toungue.
(2012-01-24, 02:24 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]

*cough*nvidia*cough*
Acquire Linux distro.
Shift + CTRL + Left/Right
This is overkill. You'll be looking up and down, left and right constantly.
(2012-01-24, 02:24 AM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]But a single gfx card isn't going to hold 3 monitors.

Why not? My AMD 6970 has 4 monitor ports and plays MW3 in eyefinity without any problems. I think most AMD cards have at least 3 ports.

I think some NVIDIA cards have fewer ports but you can also get USB graphics adapters and display splitters assuming you don't want to game over multiple monitors or anything.

(2012-01-23, 05:22 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ](I assume they are shoes?)

They are clogs, for the record, I'm not Dutch, I just bought them when I was in Holland a few years ago Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3