MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What's that VERY simple forum site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oh dear sparks, oh dear.
Don't hate the player!
Hate the game! Wink
(2012-01-25, 10:07 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Not very smart of you to publicly ask the link to the forum you decided to rip...

Dude, any idea that comes out into this world is ripping another one off. MyBB ripped off phpBB because phpBB released in 2000 and MyBB released itself in 2002, if I'm correct..

So every idea that comes out, is ripped!
(2012-01-27, 09:09 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]Don't hate the player!
Hate the game! Wink
(2012-01-25, 10:07 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Not very smart of you to publicly ask the link to the forum you decided to rip...

Dude, any idea that comes out into this world is ripping another one off. MyBB ripped off phpBB because phpBB released in 2000 and MyBB released itself in 2002, if I'm correct..

Oh so phpBB came up with the idea of forum software? A fact I've never known!
Hate the game! Wink

You should use the correct terminology. At least learn what the word 'ripped' means.
(2012-01-27, 09:14 PM)WebOutfit Wrote: [ -> ]
Hate the game! Wink

Oh so phpBB came up with the idea of forum software? A fact I've never known!

I never said that!

I don't know if they are the FIRST because those are the only two I researched a while back.. but phpBB came before MyBB.

vBulletin: 2000
phpBB: 2000
MyBB: 2002
IPBoard: 2002

My point is, just because you make something of the same thing, doesn't mean you're ripping it, unless MyBB ripped vBulletin or phpBB.

Look at Youtube! There were so many videos sites before youtube, but since youtube had to money, they could advertise more, and make it better. Therefor I can make this site better, and do a better job!

Oh and btw, they ripped off of 4chan! Wink

So look at it how you want! I really don't care which way your thought goes, but as soon as I'm perfecting it, working on the server for the next DDoS attack Wink, and I'll start advertising, and see how it goes.

(2012-01-27, 09:17 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
Hate the game! Wink

You should use the correct terminology. At least learn what the word 'ripped' means.

It can be used in a wide range, so maybe you should learn.

They are claiming I ripped the idea of the site, a "Stripped down mybb forum"
What site are we referring to to as being a rip?
(2012-01-27, 09:26 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]It can be used in a wide range, so maybe you should learn.

The concept of message boards goes back to the 80s.

Does it mean that Ford ripped the idea of the car from Honda just because they both make cars? No, and the same applies here.

You also claim they ripped off 4chan, but 4chan was based off 2chan.
(2012-01-27, 09:39 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-27, 09:26 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]It can be used in a wide range, so maybe you should learn.

The concept of message boards goes back to the 80s.

Does it mean that Ford ripped the idea of the car from Honda just because they both make cars? No, and the same applies here.

Well, then you can't say that I ripped off the site because we have the same concept! It's a fair game!

Quote:You also claim they ripped off 4chan, but 4chan was based off 2chan.

Well, I don't know the full background of all that but alright?
(2012-01-27, 09:44 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]Well, then you can't say that I ripped off the site because we have the same concept! It's a fair game!

I don't believe I did. Rolleyes You were using incorrect terminology, I corrected you. Nothing more.
(2012-01-27, 09:49 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-27, 09:44 PM)sparkks Wrote: [ -> ]Well, then you can't say that I ripped off the site because we have the same concept! It's a fair game!

I don't believe I did. Rolleyes You were using incorrect terminology, I corrected you. Nothing more.

Well then I apologize!
Fábio Maia was the one and I mistakenly thought it was you.

Thanks for the terminology correction! Wink

Pages: 1 2 3