MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NOT HAPPY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not happy with the support on this site. I have deadlines for my forum to be out, and i cant even get a simple answer on the problem i have. I posted it many hours ago and no reply that has helped. I know it sounds like im complaining, but with the little time i have and other good forum host i could be using, i am starting to get fustrated.

PLEASE HELP.
We're all volunteers here, most of us are providing support to hundreds of users per week in our spare time. We're not paid to support users, so if you can't even wait a few hours then you can find support elsewhere.

Complaining about it won't help you in any way.
(2012-01-23, 05:02 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]We're all volunteers here, most of us are providing support to hundreds of users per week in our spare time. We're not paid to support users, so if you can't even wait a few hours then you can find support elsewhere.

Complaining about it won't help you in any way.

Like i said, Im not complaining. Just when i am promising my website to be out by a certain date to my users, i accepted a bit off support on a simple question.
I understand its not your job... So surely they can hire people to do it.
Use a website like phbbp and there support is amazing.
(2012-01-23, 05:04 PM)Sankaa Wrote: [ -> ]Like i said, Im not complaining. Just when i am promising my website to be out by a certain date to my users, i accepted a bit off support on a simple question.

I explained to you what was wrong, and so did ranjani.

(2012-01-23, 05:04 PM)Sankaa Wrote: [ -> ]I understand its not your job... So surely they can hire people to do it.

This is open source software. If you're willing to pay for us to have professional 24/7 support, then feel free.
We're not a big corporate company with thousands of dollars to dish out.

(2012-01-23, 05:04 PM)Sankaa Wrote: [ -> ]Use a website like phbbp and there support is amazing.

Feel free. The issue isn't with the forum software, it's the fact you didn't upload the files correctly. If you can't upload the files correctly with MyBB then you'll get the same result with phpBB.
Quote:Like i said, Im not complaining.

Yes you are.
(2012-01-23, 07:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes you are.

Shut you mouth blad.. if i was complaining i would of moved to a different host.. im just pissed off
(2012-01-23, 07:05 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes you are.

Yup, he's whining about lack of support here, yet he is using a free forums software on a free webhost.
If you think the support is bad then please, I implore you, do better yourself. I can't also help but notice that you have made exactly one support thread in the public support forum. If you think that's enough to formulate an opinion on then you're wrong. You said 'I have deadlines for my forum to be up, and due to lack of support i am not going to meet deadlines', well first off there was support, people tried to help you, the fact it didn't help you solve it doesn't take away from the fact that people tried. Also, maybe not having such a tiny time span to work within would help next time, especially when you're 'relying' on volunteers? Blaming us for not meeting your 'deadline' is laughable. Or, if you want, I can quit my job and you can pay be what I would have been earning, just so I can sit here to answer impatient people like you quicker Smile Fact is we can not be here at your constant beck and call.

You want to complain? Do better yourself first. Then complain. And before you say again you're not complaining you blatantly are.
com·plain
/kəmˈplān/
Verb:
1. Express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event.
2. State that one is suffering from (a pain or other symptom of illness): "he began to complain of headaches".

I believe you are complaining.