MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Elegant Blue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not finished yet, but nearly there. Still a few things to do yet.

Header:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/27vz5/eqda?size=o

Footer:
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/27vz5/jyhr?size=o

Buttons: - Customised the default MyBB Buttons
http://www.diigo.com/item/image/27vz5/7o5m?size=o

Not yet started the forum list, that will be done tomorrow. As for the postbit, it will also be customized.

You will have noticed some red stars (*,**,***), which means the following:

1 Star (*):
The grey area on the right is being removed. I was going to add a sidebox, but thought I'd better not. The forum is already smaller, so adding a sidebox would decrease the space being used for forum descriptions.

2 Stars (**):
Still designing a table or drop down menu for guest and member links. I will also be adding a nice little login box there too.

3 Stars (***):
Footer links will be brighter and have a better background.

Let me know your thoughts.
Very harsh gradient behind the banner.
(2012-01-24, 12:57 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Very harsh gradient behind the banner.

Thank you for your honest feedback. That is easily changeable, which is why I'm posting it while it's a WIP. I'll try a few different gradients and glows to see what suits best for everyone.
Too much spacing between links on navigation.
Gradients again on the buttons.
Thank you again for the feedback. The buttons are just ones I quickly edited, instead of giving the default MyBB buttons with the pack, I quickly edited them.

The spacing in the navigation get's smaller once more links are added. Although, would it look better if there was less spacing as it is?
^ Yes, definitely.
I also suggest using css buttons.
You could improve the theme a lot by customizing the buttons even further. Instead of using the default icons and size, make your own that fit the theme perfectly. Also, I like the glow on the header; just maybe tone the top part down just a bit and it'll be great.

In my opinion, the breadcrumb you have isn't great. It's good but it's used everywhere and has almost become cliche. What would be great is to make a better breadcrumb that suits the theme. There are some great inspiration shots on PatternTap and Dribbble

Best of luck with the theme Smile
(2012-01-24, 01:20 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]^ Yes, definitely.
I also suggest using css buttons.

I actually had some CSS buttons already on the theme, before switching them, I may put them back.

(2012-01-24, 01:21 AM)Ferron Wrote: [ -> ]You could improve the theme a lot by customizing the buttons even further. Instead of using the default icons and size, make your own that fit the theme perfectly. Also, I like the glow on the header; just maybe tone the top part down just a bit and it'll be great.

In my opinion, the breadcrumb you have isn't great. It's good but it's used everywhere and has almost become cliche. What would be great is to make a better breadcrumb that suits the theme. There are some great inspiration shots on PatternTap and Dribbble

Best of luck with the theme Smile

I like designing themes, but I find buttons a nightmare.
As for the breadcrumb, that was also just a quick addition. I forgot to mark it with stars in the screenshot. Thank you for the links.
Looks nice.