MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: City Location In Postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi to all how to add city location in postbit it is possible?
example user comming from USA and lives in NewYork
Admin Control Panel -> Configuration -> Custom Profile Fields
thanks give you rep but i want it in the postbit City:xxxxx
use $post['fidX'] <-- X is field id
you can add it in postbit_author_user template OR postbit & postbit_classic templates ...
lol i am noob for coding so can you be more specific how to do it.Thanks
I assume that you already knew about custom profile fields ([Wiki: Admin_CP_Config_Profile_Fields] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)) . you can easily know field's ID from fields page

we use $post['fidX'] code in postbit templates for showing the fields ( X is field id )

postbit_author_user template code is similar to below
{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}<br />
{$lang->postbit_joined} {$post['userregdate']}
{$post['replink']}xyz{$post['warninglevel']}

we can add <strong>Location : $post['fidX']</strong> at the bottom of above code

similarly the code can be added to postbit template OR postbit_classic template

I just finished my plugin that allows you to do this and has an extra option for displaying the field as an image.
Why not use a radio button for your image type setting? Be much nicer and more user friendly.

"optionscode"    => "radio\n
.jpg=Jpg
.gif=Gif
.png=Png",

[attachment=25373]
I thought about it. But this way you can add any type, not just the ones preselected by the plugin author.
Just noticed, why are you even using an image type option lol ? Just let them decide the image type in the image path. Your using two options for 1 result lol. They have to manually insert the image path anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3