MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Copyrighting A MyBB Theme [Admin Please Read]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@Johnny thanks for the amazing reply, but as you said that DMCA only effects the US, does that me I cannot issue one as I'm from the UK? Also, about what you said at the bottom you're probably right, I may change that.
You can submit a DMCA no matter what part of the world your in, aslong as the offending website is hosted in the US.
(2012-01-24, 09:06 PM)Deliver Wrote: [ -> ]@Johnny thanks for the amazing reply, but as you said that DMCA only effects the US, does that me I cannot issue one as I'm from the UK? Also, about what you said at the bottom you're probably right, I may change that.

You can send DMCA notices as long that website is hosted in United States.
Outside US borders DMCA is just a plain letter.

(2012-01-24, 09:07 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]You can submit a DMCA no matter what part of the world your in, aslong as the offending website is hosted in the US.

Ah, okay. But what if it's not?
(2012-01-24, 09:27 PM)Deliver Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-24, 09:07 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]You can submit a DMCA no matter what part of the world your in, aslong as the offending website is hosted in the US.

For sending warnings / takedown notices on sites that are hosted in one of EU countries you will need to fill Copyright Directive (European DMCA counterpart which applies only to 27 EU member states).

For other countries (Non EU members) you will need to read that countries laws (which contains sentences about copyright stuff) before sending any notices.

(2012-01-24, 09:29 PM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-24, 09:27 PM)Deliver Wrote: [ -> ]

For sending warnings / takedown notices on sites that are hosted in one of EU countries you will need to fill Copyright Directive (European DMCA counterpart which applies only to 27 EU member states).

For other countries (Non EU members) you will need to read that countries laws (which contains sentences about copyright stuff) before sending any notices.

Great, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it!
(2012-01-24, 04:30 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I've got 5 of the sites removed who removed copyrights. Sometimes less words gets the job done smoothly.

If the host is really what it is, they should ask you for proof(s). I guess the hosts you reported to, were either new or too scary if they get in trouble. But I believe no good host would take action for a message like this. It could be written by anyone. :/
(2012-01-25, 09:48 AM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-24, 04:30 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I've got 5 of the sites removed who removed copyrights. Sometimes less words gets the job done smoothly.

If the host is really what it is, they should ask you for proof(s). I guess the hosts you reported to, were either new or too scary if they get in trouble. But I believe no good host would take action for a message like this. It could be written by anyone. :/

As I stated earlier. You must at least provide a link to the the content you own and a link to the offending files (that you own) on the server/host your sending the DMCA too. If it was as simple as "crazy4cs" says, whats stopping me sending a DMCA as simple as that to your host?

If that was the case websites would be shutdown left right and center as pranks from other internet users.
(2012-01-25, 09:53 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-25, 09:48 AM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]

As I stated earlier. You must at least provide a link to the the content you own and a link to the offending files (that you own) on the server/host your sending the DMCA too. If it was as simple as "crazy4cs" says, whats stopping me sending a DMCA as simple as that to your host?

If that was the case websites would be shutdown left right and center as pranks from other internet users.
This wasn't a prank, you and the other guy don't read the post correctly so I cannot explain anything more. The thing I showed him was a small write-up used to address the copyright issue, of course, am not gonna babysit and include screenshots to just show an example and other things, its pretty basic that when you're sending a notice, you gotta proof it. FYI, I wrote:

Quote:I'd show you in a short and quick manner, later for detailed complaint, you could google "DMCA format"

And also, I mail them with the associated email address, for example if am mailing something for my site say www.example.com then I mail from [email protected] and also send them any other further proofs they require.

And just if you want to hear, 3 of them were hosted on 000webhost and 2 were on byethost.

Pages: 1 2