MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stuck - Error 1054 - Unknown column 'group_id' in 'where clause'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
PLEASE, I need YOUR help! Can you spare a few moments? Angel Big Grin

My forum has been down for 26 days. I am trying so hard to get it running again. (See "history" in last paragraph.) I am using the "merge" software and here is where I am:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'group_id' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as count FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id > 0 AND username != 'Anonymous' AND group_id != 6

I got the above error. Someone please help.

I am trying to merge a phpbb3 database which has 10 years' worth of data with a mybb database which is "empty" in that I only created the database to install the forum. It had one user; me as an admin, and otherwise that is it.

I installed the loginconvert.php file as instructed in the plugins directory and also locked the forum so new people could not join before starting the merge. I was following instructions as listed here:

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Running_t...php_plugin

and was fine except the ONLY module it will successfully complete is the "Database Configuration" module. It will not get any further.

After I run "Database Configuration" and attempt to run "Users" which is the next step, I get the above error. Someone, anyone, please help!

I have been trying for weeks to convert my old Ikonboard to MyBB and I am exhausted. Confused

Thank you in advance for your help! Big Grin

(History: Database was originally in Ikonboard, then converted to phpbb2, then to phpbb3. Now trying to get it into MyBB.) Ikonboard broke. Trying to save 10 years of posts!

Converted from:

1. Ikonboard 3.1.4a to:
2. Phpbb2 (version 2.0.22) to:
3. Phpbb3 (version 3.0.10) to:
4. MyBB (version 1.6.5)

Using Merge software 1.6.2

Do not have a debug because I do not know how to post it. Thank you.
Missy, please post your Admin login, ftp login, phpMyAdmin login, and site's cPanel login in the Private Inquiries forum along with links to the two forums. I'll check it out within the next couple of days and then delete your login details from the post. Thanks.
Thank you, Dylan, I have a number of databases on that server, so I'll need to give you the names. Smile

Thank you very much for your assistance! Shy

ADDED: I need to check something with my database first ... I just want to doublecheck something. I will get back with you shortly. Thank you.

ADDED FRIDAY JAN 27: Dylan, it looks like I am going to have to reinstall some of the boards ... I am sorry. It is going to take me a bit longer to get back to you. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you very much! Shy

ADDED SAT JAN 28: Hi Dylan, I am about to post everything you have asked for but I am unclear what you mean by an Admin login. Thank you again for your assistance. Shy
Probably an account with administrator privileges on your forum(s).
(2012-01-28, 11:27 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably an account with administrator privileges on your forum(s).

This.

Also, its my weekend with my daughter, so Monday before I can get to it.
Got it. Thank you Dylan, I am very appreciative you can look at it. The problem has shifted but I laid it all out for you ...

What happens is, it allows users, forums posts and threads to complete. But it gets "stuck" on polls. It shows the same page, repeatedly refreshing, with the same number of polls on it left to do, and never updates the number regardless of how much time I give it to complete. No error message. I even made it so it was only running 100 polls at a time, but that did not matter. "100 polls are importing right now. There are 4,330 polls left to import and 44 pages left."

More details about the problem -- which is actually more involved than just the polls -- plus all info you requested, in the Private Inquiries forum. Many thanks. Shy
Ok, I'll have a look on Monday! Smile
Hi Dylan, could you please let me know

Which exact field(s) and table(s) in my database are problematic? I would like to have a look at them. Smile

Thank you. Shy
Dylan, I appear to be unable to log in properly to my account. When I try, it gives me a blank board. I had to create another account. Not sure what is going on. So I cannot see your reply to me on the Private Forums. Smile
Pages: 1 2