MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: High Server Load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I observed the Server load under Dashboard says 8.35,what could be the reason for this.I know its very high what can i do to get it to somewhere around 3.0...can somebody help me in this please..
Server load is calculated from every site on the server. If you're on shared hosting, a load of 8 may be entirely acceptable (depending on the provider and the server's hardware).

If you're sure your site's causing issues, you can disable un-needed plugins (especially shoutboxes and prostats - if you have either installed).
Thanks for replying...i get it now...

BTW is there any way i can know whats configuration is the server on which my website is hosted on....

I know a wrong qstn but curious to know
I'm going offtopic here, but what does a server load actually represent and why are numbers around 8 already bad ?
(2012-01-25, 12:14 PM)vikesh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for replying...i get it now...

BTW is there any way i can know whats configuration is the server on which my website is hosted on....

I know a wrong qstn but curious to know

It depends. I believe cpanel can give you a few details regarding hardware (though I'm not a cpanel user myself).

(2012-01-25, 12:16 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going offtopic here, but what does a server load actually represent and why are numbers around 8 already bad ?

Quote:In UNIX computing, the system load is a measure of the amount of work that a computer system performs. The load average represents the average system load over a period of time. It conventionally appears in the form of three numbers which represent the system load during the last one-, five-, and fifteen-minute periods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_(computing)

Generally, if you have 4 cores (or 4 CPUs), a load of up to 4.x is considered okay - same with a load of 8.x and 8 cores (or CPUs).
Thanks all of you for replying this info will be helpful sometime from now for me...SmileSmile

Sorry for replying lateToungueToungue