MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I love mybb so much I decided to make a forum about it.
It can be found at MyBBService.com
MyCode, MyBB are owned by MyBB group and in no way affiliated with this forum.
So please, take a look at http://mybbservice.com/index.php , and leave feed back.
http://mybbservice.com/member.php?action...referrer=1
Wow, what is wrong with you.
Quote:MyCode, MyBB are owned by MyBB group and in no way affiliated with this forum.
So please, take a look at http://mybbservice.com/index.php , and leave feed back.

1.That logo looks like it came from MS paint + few cheap effects
2.The cure (which is IMHO great work) itself is too much overused
3.20+ forums without content.Do you think that content is going to fill by itself ?No,it won't.
4.What's the point of that forum ?
Get some content and a little better logo and good luck to you Smile
(2012-01-26, 12:34 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Get some content and a little better logo and good luck to you Smile

Thanks, I'm going to try and find someone to make me a logo soon. Big Grin
(2012-01-26, 12:17 AM)Johnny S Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:MyCode, MyBB are owned by MyBB group and in no way affiliated with this forum.

1.That logo looks like it came from MS paint + few cheap effects
2.The cure (which is IMHO great work) itself is too much overused
3.20+ forums without content.Do you think that content is going to fill by itself ?No,it won't.
4.What's the point of that forum ?

What's wrong with no content, all forums start out bare-boned
(2012-01-26, 12:48 AM)ebildude123 Wrote: [ -> ]What's wrong with no content, all forums start out bare-boned

The content is the first thing that most guests will look when they are browsing your forum.Without that there is no point for guest to register.If you as admin can't provide any topics to discuss what the even the point spening my time on that particitular board.

You are right about the fact that most forum start without content.Just look in showcase subforum (start with last pages) and you'll see that most showcased forums without content aren't online anymore.The reason is simple:most new administrators are expecting that forums will get popular by itself.But that's worng (with big W).You need put some efford in that project (custom theme,news,threads) before you start to expect some notice about your work (in this case your forum).

I'll give you few advices:
1.Get rid of that theme (as much the Cure is awesome theme but it's too overused).Make a custom one or request it (if you don't have the money for that make a proposition: you'll give theme autor backlink in footer and ad space in header or below navbar)
2.Reduce the number of forums (remove MyBB Discussion but General MyBB Chat and Mybb Support move to Mybb Tutorials and rename that category)
3.Start with basic mycode tutorials and template tutorials

Don't expect any success if you don't invest any time in your forum.Audience doesn't want to register on any forum that contains zero content.People will appreciate your work after you put some efforts in.
Good luck!
Too much sections for a startup forum.
20 forum areas, 2 posts! content is needed.

New logo would be great.

Basically you run a service where people post themes and plugins for your members? Why would they choose you when you have no content? They could post them here, awesome styles and many more places.
I'll be honest with you, you're not likely to become really popular as you're pretty much trying to compete with MyBB's official forums and one thing you need to consider is why would people goto you when they could come here?

Would it not be better to find a hobby that you enjoy then make a site about that instead? for example a friend of mine enjoys motorbikes and found there wasn't many owners sites for them so started his own....he's been going for 8 years with 30,000+ members.

The only way you'd make any real success from you're site is if you could offer something that MyBB doesn't.

Best of luck whatever you do though.