MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Revelations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The background image on the thead looks weird. You can tell it's repeating every 10px or so. I'd suggest making the background image at least 100px wide so when it repeats your virtually won't be able to tell.

Other than that It's looking pretty good still Smile
That looks much better, thanks Josh! I'll upload the updated screenshots after school.
Actually, the thead looks awesome, good look.
Very nice work so far. Keep it up Smile
Please charge. Reason being is when quality (and I mean quality) themes are released for free, they're used by so many people and never really get the recognition they deserve as an awesome theme. I prefer this one to IV (and I'm a big fan of all the PB's) and it deserves recognition! Toungue

Thank you so much for the kind words, Anxiety. Smile I will look into charging for it.
I have to agree with Solidus on this one. Anxiety and I were just discussing themes on MSN and yours came up, this is one of the best themes we have seen, ever and it really should be sold.
(2012-02-11, 04:51 AM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Please charge. Reason being is when quality (and I mean quality) themes are released for free, they're used by so many people and never really get the recognition they deserve as an awesome theme. I prefer this one to IV (and I'm a big fan of all the PB's) and it deserves recognition! Toungue

And that attitude instead makes a Free and open source software's community go money minded.

I'm not against the idea of paid themes, but i wonder why everytime someone makes a theme and say it will be free, people go on suggesting to make it paid. Ofcourse its a premium quality theme, but why are you guys against someone releasing a quality work for free?
I don't think it's the fact that they're against releasing quality themes for free, but as Anxiety stated above:

Quote:never really get the recognition they deserve as an awesome theme

It's the fact that premium quality free themes never feel as special as paid premium quality themes. The whole demand part about it, there's a difference between a few people having an awesome theme and everyone having that same awesome theme. The quality is reduced slightly when it becomes easier to get. Think in the line of classic cars, they weren't classic when they first came out and now everyone wants one. Wink

Xypher Wrote:I have to agree with Solidus on this one. Anxiety and I were just discussing themes on MSN and yours came up, this is one of the best themes we have seen, ever and it really should be sold.

Thanks for the kind words. Smile
(2012-02-11, 06:50 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's the fact that they're against releasing quality themes for free, but as Anxiety stated above:

Quote:never really get the recognition they deserve as an awesome theme

It's the fact that premium quality free themes never feel as special as paid premium quality themes. The whole demand part about it, there's a difference between a few people having an awesome theme and everyone having that same awesome theme. The quality is reduced slightly when it becomes easier to get. Think in the line of classic cars, they weren't classic when they first came out and now everyone wants one. Wink

Yeah! But it does add more value to the software on the whole. Like how "The cure" theme got so popular because of its quality and as its free.
As i already said, i'm not against paid theme concept, but the thing is, whenever people find a quality theme in "Development" sub-forum and the author actually have a mindset of releasing it for Free, they go on suggesting them to make it paid. If this continues, then at certain point, we won't see any good free themes for MyBB.
What i wish is, people should only give feedback about the design and changes needed in it, and avoid recommending to make it paid only. Making a theme free or paid should be decided by the author only.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5