MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderation Queue & Post Deletion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm guessing that I've found a bug with Moderation Queue & Post Deletion. If a moderator unapproves a post he can then go to the moderator centre and the moderation queue and delete that post, even if he doesn't have any moderator powers for the forum where that post is and even if he doesn't have delete power anyway for the forums he does moderate. Plus the moderator logs don't show the post deletion, but records it instead as a post approval (?).

This is quite easy to recreate, as all it needs is for a post to be unapproved (by anyone) and then for a moderator who is not appointed to that forum to go to the moderation queue and delete it - i.e. delete something he shouldn't be able to delete (this can be done even if the moderator has no delete authority anywhere anyway). Finally check the moderator logs which claim that the post is not deleted (although it is) but has been reapproved.