MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL Error 1062
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. So I did a quick google and forum search and couldn't really find anything that helped me, so I'm posting in here. I hope that's okay.

Anyways, a member of my forums today tried to post in his long-lasting thread and got the following error when trying to post. He says that while previewing his post, he does not get any errors, but when he tries to post, the error comes up and does not allow him to complete his post.

How do I go about fixing this issue?

Thank you!
Are all of your paths writable that need to be?

Don't know much about MSQL.
URL? Test account? What plugins do you use?
(2012-01-26, 09:45 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]URL? Test account? What plugins do you use?

What do you mean by test account? I have a small list of plugins but none of them whatsoever are activated. Not only that, but the poster in question wasn't trying to use are access any of them, so I'm not too sure how that would affect his ability to post in his desired thread.

Also, did you want my forum's URL? I'm a little confused by that request as well Toungue
Yes, if you could provide your forum URL that would be great. By test account I mean an account you create for me so I can poke around on your forum to try to reproduce/hopefully solve the problem.
(2012-01-27, 03:52 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if you could provide your forum URL that would be great. By test account I mean an account you create for me so I can poke around on your forum to try to reproduce/hopefully solve the problem.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back. The forum's URL is:

http://sportsbin.net/forums/index.php

I don't know exactly what kind of account you want or what I should name it, so I'll let you make the account and then I'll activate it for you. I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by poking around my forum, though...should I be making your account with admin privileges or would it just be suffice to make you a regular member?
^ well, post a test user account OR send a PM to Paul with a new admin account details ..
if you provide a test user account then he checks the issue & tells what to do AND if you provide admin privileges then he tries to fix it ...
Have you added any indexes to the post table? Because if shouldn't be saying there's a duplicate key entry for the message column and the content isn't just [ so I'm not sure why it'd be giving that error... if you know how, can you run this query in phpMyAdmin, and printscreen the table of results?

SHOW INDEXES FROM `mybb_posts`;
Okay, thanks again everyone for the replies. I've created a test account with the following information:

Username: Mybb_test
Password: pandas

The password was literally the first random thing that came to mind Toungue

Regardless, it's been activated. I should let you know, however, that there is only one person on my entire forum who is having this problem. So I don't know how much help it's going to be to use a new account when only one account has had a history of this issue.

As for Matt's request, I did your test and attached are my results.

Thank you so much!