MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Searching] Plugin or something to make this possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a question, If I set some permissions on the forum that people only can read the forum, you just see the buttons "New Thread" or "New Reply" but if you click on it you get the message that this option is not available bla bla bla.

But is there a plugin or the option if you set a topic or forum on read only that the buttons disappear??? So that there is no button visible then??

Thanks

GalaxyFreaks
Not that I'm aware of.
(2012-01-26, 09:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I'm aware of.

hmmm, damn unfortunately, also no qlue to do this?? If I set the forum Locked the buttons are gone but then I can also not post something haha and that is wat I want so members can't post but I can post and the buttons for the members are gone and for me the still there (or for the groups that can post)
only two would the template conditionals plugin or the php in templates plugin, and with either of those you would need to modify the templates.
Ok and is there someone that can and would also make this possible ?? or knows how??
I remember someone else wanting to do this before. Just googling it brings up this which should allow you to:

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=630

Edit: A reply has a plugin attached, you could try that.
(2012-01-26, 10:02 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I remember someone else wanting to do this before. Just googling it brings up this which should allow you to:

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=630

Edit: A reply has a plugin attached, you could try that.

Thanks, plugin not working but I you edit the templates by your self (howto in the link) then its works!!

Thanks great!! But next time if you post the sollution let that Google part gone!! Is not nice if you say to much to people google this google that, not everyone knows everything and ask here on the Mybb forum..

But thanks for the sollution
I didn't mean it as an insult, just as a reminder for people to search outside of the mods database as there are plenty of third party sites with useful information.
(2012-01-26, 10:46 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean it as an insult, just as a reminder for people to search outside of the mods database as there are plenty of third party sites with useful information.

No, No thats not what I mean haha, I mean that a lot of people not knows more fora's or site then this one, or don't trust a diffrent forum/site.

I know MybbHacks or MybbExtras and that this fora's can be trusted but not everyone knows this..

I know that you don't insult someone, and I thank you for the sollution I have gif you Reputation Points Big Grin