MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I guess I will bump. I've changed the theme again to a very simple one and have added several new and updated many of my plugins.
Love the new theme Toungue
(2012-05-17, 08:28 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]Love the new theme Toungue

Thanks, I have tweaked it some i am sure you noticed, but it was a great one to start working from.

Fixed position header and footer, changed tcat to gray to add a tiny bit of contrast, removed navigation on portal (my index), removed search box, and I am probably going to separate announcements to their own table like I had before.
I'm personally not a fan of the fixed header & footer positioning if I'm honest. I do like that theme though, it's very professional.
(2012-05-17, 08:52 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I'm personally not a fan of the fixed header & footer positioning if I'm honest. I do like that theme though, it's very professional.

honestly, I have not checked it on a smaller screen yet to know if I even like it...

I was looking for something different though and have yet to really find any theme, free or paid, that really I just want to have. I am far to particular i suppose

I might have to unfix the header and footer as I missed that the message editor is rolling over the header bar during scrolling. I can't seem to figure out a fix right now, so it may be easier to make the parts scroll
It looks much better now without that. Even with an averaged size monitor it made things look a bit cramped before, but now everything is nice and neat. I'm loving the landing page too by the way. The news and download stats are awesome.
(2012-05-17, 08:56 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-17, 08:52 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I'm personally not a fan of the fixed header & footer positioning if I'm honest. I do like that theme though, it's very professional.

honestly, I have not checked it on a smaller screen yet to know if I even like it...

I was looking for something different though and have yet to really find any theme, free or paid, that really I just want to have. I am far to particular i suppose

I might have to unfix the header and footer as I missed that the message editor is rolling over the header bar during scrolling. I can't seem to figure out a fix right now, so it may be easier to make the parts scroll

just set the z-index of the header to like

z-index:9999;

and that won't happen
thanks for the feedback.

the landing page is just the portal with some "minor" tweaks.... mostly new query for number of downloads, reading the stats cache, etc. and then template edits

the welcome and latest news are directly coded into the portal template. it does not cahnge enough to warrant a plugin/setting or to pull from a forum.

the latest downloads is similar to what mydownloads already provide, i just mimicked the layout with the latest threads, then dumped them both into a 2-col table.

patches was used on functions.php -> parse_page() to only parse <navigation> if THIS_SCRIPT != portal.php

(2012-05-17, 10:34 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-05-17, 08:56 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]

just set the z-index of the header to like

z-index:9999;

and that won't happen

crap, i used z-order, not z-index....... no wonder it did not work. brain fart...
Liking the new theme pavemen!
Pages: 1 2