MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signatures and forum update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is two question that I would like to know the answer to

1. The signature function in my forum has stopped working, e.g. it is not showing under the members post. All configuration settings are on, and there is no indicators that it should not work.

How do I fix this?

2. I would like to delete everything in the root directory of my webhost (forum)

I want to do this because I want to upload the new 1.65 clean install not just the updated files that I have now..

How do I go about doing this without loosing my members, categories, threads, posts and essential things?

Is there a way to fix these things e.g. what do I need to backup first (guess the SQL database is protected allready!
1. Make sure {$post['signature']} is present in postbit and postbit_classic templates.

2. You do not need to delete , just overwrite the new files over the old and Upgrade the MyBB copy. However if you want to delete then take a backup right from the phpMyAdmin and then delete the entire forum's folder (Where your forum's files are located), then upload the MyBB 1.6.5 > Run the Installer > Login to your phpMyAdmin > Import the old back > DONE!

(2012-01-27, 03:50 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]1. Make sure {$post['signature']} is present in postbit and postbit_classic templates.

2. You do not need to delete , just overwrite the new files over the old and Upgrade the MyBB copy. However if you want to delete then take a backup right from the phpMyAdmin and then delete the entire forum's folder (Where your forum's files are located), then upload the MyBB 1.6.5 > Run the Installer > Login to your phpMyAdmin > Import the old back > DONE!

Thanks for the reply..

1. Could you explain this a bit further, not sure I understand exactly what I should do?

2. Ok, so do a normal backup to e.g disk. Then remove all files from the domain (cause a backup of this would not do harm) then upload a fresh package, then install and import the backup that I saved to disk...

Would this also include any themes or plugins?

Thanks again

1. Go to ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> yourtheme >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit and/or postbit_classic

Check that {$post['signature']} is present in those templates.

2. Why do you even want to do this? We provide a changed files package to make upgrading easier.
1. Thank you, {$post['signature']} is present in both postbit and postbit_classic

Still no signatures in posts, I can now see my signature fields in UserCP, but there seems to be no option to edit this under profile

2. Why? Well I did install the updated files on top of my current installed package which was 1.6.4 initially. lets call it domain1
As indicated in the readme file

But then, when I was about to test something out, I installed a fresh copy downloaded from here called 1.65 and installed this on Domain2 (test domain) When going into the configuration after installment I did notice that it was not the same as Domain1

e.g. the new CAPCHA option was not on Domain1 as it now where on Domain2 - It did not even have re-captcha public key option as it has now in the new installed version on Domain2

Here is the two Dashboard information

Domain1 = The domain with 1.6.4 updated to 1.6.5

MyBB Version 1.6.5
PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.1.49
Server Load 0.12

Domain2 - The one with the clean 1.6.5 installed

MyBB Version 1.6.5 Threads
PHP Version 5.2.42-servage24
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.0.85
Server Load 0.95

See the difference?

So that is primary why I would like to have it all removed and installed again.

You don't need to use the full package to fix that, it seems like the two issues are related.

Have you run the upgrade script?
Yes i have
Run it again, making sure you select 1.6.4 as the version you're upgrading from.

If that makes no difference post Admin and FTP login details in the Private Inquiries forum so a staff member can take a look.
Ok, will do, thanks Smile
Update:

plugin_hook_update.php

Tried this now 2 times without no luck, same problem same issue

I will make an admin test account and post it on the private inquiries
Pages: 1 2