MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Long time since I was around these parts. Taken a break from the www and also temporarily moved to the UK for a year.

Decided I am looking to put together a community forum.

Just curious, are the mybb webpages a cms of some kind and if so is this a plugin that is available or are these plain jane static pages?

I am very tempted to return to Mybb, but I need a homepage rather than be welcomed with the main forum index when going to the domain.

Did mybb or the community here get very far with a gallery plugin?

Many thanks.
It's a custom CMS created by Chris Boulton. It's been in use for at least the last 5 years to my knowledge.

It's very easy to integrate the MyBB into an existing website, it only requires a few template edits and, of course, CSS changes.
Here is my tutorial for using the portal outside the forum root as your home page.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-106919....ght=portal

You can use most of the tutorial with custom pages as well, since most of the template and code edits are applicable to integrate any page outside of the forum root folder. To use a custom page, just copy the top portion of the portal code, up to and including the line

require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/functions_user.php";

This will give you full functionality, editing $forumdir of course, that you can use for making custom your custom pages.