MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default theme or bad install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm new to myBB and I've just installed it twice on 2 different development machines to (windows 7). They're just out of the box installs and I haven't done anything else.

The forum display is as in the image below and I'm trying to find out if this is the default theme, or something has gone wrong (sorry about the large image)? For information the Admin control pannel seems to have a theme applied.

[Image: page.jpg]

Thanks

I think I'm correct in saying your CSS isn't loading. Have you tried another theme?
Hi,

no! It isn't the default theme. I think it's a bad installation (try with a different browser to be sure).
Thanks guys.

Thanks for confirming. I was sure it wasn't meant to look like that. It looks the same in both IE and firefox.

It's probably something to do with permissions or install paths. I'll have a fish around and see if I can work out what's wrong.

I'm running this on tomcat using caucho to handle the php, so I hope it's nothing to do with that but I doubt it as the admin panel has a style applied

Cheers
Hmm, that will be why then.

The main forum page references the following stylesheet:

"http://localhost:8080/php/forum/cache/themes/theme1/global.css"

but when I look at it the file is empty. I can't seem to find it in the zip download. Is this something created automatically, or downloaded at install time?

Cheers

Found this thread with someone having the same problem:

See here

All is working now. Not sure why myBB installed with an empty file though, and idea?