MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar uploading error on 1.1.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we upgraded to the latest version we found that we have a bug that is giving us an error when uploading a custom avatar, the stock avatars will load, but not a custom avatar!

The MyBB forum is www.indiasearch.org/forum

We get the following error message!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(chmod 777/avatar_2.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiasea/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpAJI84u' to 'chmod 777/avatar_2.jpg' in /home/indiasea/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266
Check permissions on your upload directory. It should be 777 to work.
How do you get into that directory?
Login to your FTP client. Look for your forums directory (usually /forum(s)). Open that up and find /uploads.
anthonycea Wrote:Warning: move_uploaded_file(chmod 777/avatar_2.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiasea/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpAJI84u' to 'chmod 777/avatar_2.jpg' in /home/indiasea/public_html/forum/inc/functions_upload.php on line 266

First of all, go to Admin CP --> Settings --> Profile and Registration Options --> Avatar Upload Path and change the setting so that it says: ./uploads/avatars
Thanks guys, I left a link to this thread for my technical administrator, I think he will get it right ASAP! Big Grin