MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goodbye Spammer...Support Needed..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

So I just upgraded mine, installed everything but I don't see the Goodbye Spammer option under the user profile.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
Might be {$modoptions} is not available in your "member_profile" template. If not then plugin fails to find that code to replace with the plugin's code.
(2012-01-30, 06:44 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Might be {$modoptions} is not available in your "member_profile_modoptions" template. If not then plugin fails to find that code to replace with the plugin's code.

Hi Yaldaram,

Ok, so how do I fix this? Where do I place - {$modoptions} - in the code? I checked and it is not there.

Thanks
Is {goodbyespammer} at the end of the member_profile_modoptions template before </table>?
(2012-01-31, 09:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Is {goodbyespammer} at the end of the member_profile_modoptions template before </table>?

Yes. What could it be?

Thanks
Open "member_profile" and add {$modoptions} just Before the {$adminoptions}
(2012-02-01, 05:17 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Open "member_profile" and add {$modoptions} just Before the {$adminoptions}

It is there already. But not in "member_profile_modoptions".
Could you please PM me AdminCP logins so I could resolve the issue myself ?
Thank You for the logins.

You've actually Modified the "Allowed Usergroups" setting from the Plugin's Settings Page and deleted. I de-activated and re-activate the plugin and now its functional.

All the best!
Thanks Yaldaram! I appreciate your help!!
Another question:

How should I set my member registration to minimize spammers in my ACP?

Currently I have it set to email verification, before it was instant activation.

Also, is there a way I can alter password strength so it does not deny user password selection
as much?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2