MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to see the passwords for my users on my forum?
oh! No. why do you need that !!
I needed to know because i'm going to make another user admin.
sorry, if you need password of another user its better to ask that user ...
"I needed to know because i'm going to make another user admin."

And why exactly would you need there password when you can easily promote them directly from member management in the ACP?

Sounds pretty fishy to me, i doubt anyone will help you with this as it's a security issue for all the members on your own board.
it's a salted MD5, so without all the parts of the password contents and a pre-built dictionary, you can't recover a password from MyBB

also, if you trust the user to be admin, then you should not need their password.
I need to make sure that the person i'm making administrator CANNOT steal passwords in case he goes rogue.
Unless you give someone access to your mysql databases, cPanel or direct admin access, or have a sql browser into your myBB admin panel or for some god known reason you get remotely hacked then the answer is no, no one can view them.

They are salted like paveman said.

If you don't trust them, do not promote them.
If you wish to view passwords for your sake, no one will help you.
(2012-01-30, 04:29 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]it's a salted MD5, so without all the parts of the password contents and a pre-built dictionary, you can't recover a password from MyBB

also, if you trust the user to be admin, then you should not need their password.

Offtopic:

How did you get Portal to be your Homepage on your forums?

(2012-01-30, 08:36 AM)Jasonsj10 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-30, 04:29 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]it's a salted MD5, so without all the parts of the password contents and a pre-built dictionary, you can't recover a password from MyBB

Offtopic:
How did you get Portal to be your Homepage on your forums?

.htaccess
DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm