MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: any plugins support to saved from the forum hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any plugins support to saved from the forum hackers , if yes, then which plugins or process you recommended for me.
Common sense. Smile

Use a strong password, rename your admin cp, use a reliable host, and always upgrade to the latest version of MyBB.

They're just very basic things, but they will work better than any plugin.
AND @OP, have you seen the sticky Security Tutorial list
good , nice help. thank you so much ranjani you are always help me , and also thanks to Nathan Malcolm.

one last question. how can i rename my admin cp?
^ it is like just like you rename any folder on your computer . browse to your MyBB installation files folder on the web server
(using FTP program OR webhost panel's file manager) , select admin folder , use mouse right click to see available options
- you should have rename option ...
ranjani thanks again for the help. but when i rename the admin folder, i can't access through website user panel. how can i set the code of "Admin CP" button on the top of the website.
In ./inc/config.php find:
$config['admin_dir'] = "admin";

Replace with:
$config['admin_dir'] = "newdir";

Where newdir is what you've renamed the admin folder.
Thanks dear Alan
Dear Alan Shepperson !
I renamed the folder and update the config.php successfully. is these settings can effect in any plugins? means if directory changed, all plugins and function working fine or not?