MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: auto log out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
How can i disable auto log out(when a user do not do any activity for a period of time,forum log out him/her automaticly and user should Re-enter.how can i disable it?)
MyBB ends a session after 15 minutes of no activity by default.
when users log in for the first time of the day , they can select remember me option AND they can logout at the end of the day ...
ok but i want to know where is The options(Address of auto log out option)in Configuration.
It doesn't exist in the ACP at this point in time. But I would also like to know where to find this in the code - because I want to do the opposite from the OP, and set a very short auto logout time.

Also, I can clearly say that at least my fresh installation of MyBB does not end a user's session after 15 minutes. I have tested up to 40 minutes so far, user is still logged in. No, I did not tick the "remember me" box. Not even once in the past; I especially set up a brand new user for this test which never ticked that box.

Have been desperately searching the forums for days to solve this, and found nothing conclusive. The by far best information I have found is in this thread:

http://www.i2-services.com/forum/showthr...296&page=1

On page 1, there is good information, but it is not clear to me which of the discussed methods is the best, or what their pro's and con's are, and the posts are from 2010, so I am also unsure if the suggestions would apply to the current version of MyBB.

(Do not bother reading beyond page 1 in that thread, because the next 13 pages are nothing but spam.)

I really think it would be fantastic if a knowledgeable person would put together a tutorial on how to do this.

I also think this needs to be a feature in the ACP. I am absolutely sure there are many more forum owners out there who want to set an auto logout time to their liking; very surprised that it's not a feature already, since it is security relevant (if users forget to log out in shared or public computers, and their account stays logged in, anyone can too easily hijack their account).

Still looking... if anyone can enlighten me and others, I would very, very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Matt