MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inserting html possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Im trying to insert some html code inside a thread or post im creating. The problem is that once the thread or post has been posted i want it to show properly within the thread or post rather than just showing the code.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Steve
yes you can. turn html posting on in your forums.
Hi

I've tried looking for it but can't seem to find it Sad

Steve
You can find it in each forum's settings under Miscellaneous Options. However, enabling HTML is extremely insecure and totally not recommended. If you really need it though, I would consider something like HTMLPurifier to filter out bad HTML.
Well This is only going to be for one section of our forums and only admins can make posts.

There is only me as admin for the moment.

Thanks
Steve
I suppose that would be okay then.
Well here is what problem i have.

We are using some articles posted on another website ( i have full permission to use these by the way ).

Now these articles have words and picture in, but if i highlight the whole article and put it in dreamweaver it rememebrs all the links for the images etc, which is then easier to just transfer the html into a thread.

Is there another way to do this withough having to insert all the images in 1 by 1?

Thanks
Steve
you dont have to?

when you insert the html code from dreamweaver then its fine
just use that plugin then youl be fine
If i use that plugin i will be ok? have you sued that plugin before?

Feedback?

Thanks
Steve
when you use that plugin i think it removes potentially malicious code on post time but if anything gets through it doesnt remove anything

i cant see the plugin page as im at college and its blocked here :|