MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Mybb, and Hawk Host,,,,,,,,,I have uploaded the folder to hawkhost with Filezilla, and can get into cPanel, but I cannot get to my "newly installed?" forum. I'm not sure I did any of it right, as I'm completely new to this and do not fully understand the mybbwiki instructions,,,,,,,,,such as the chmod thing,,,I understand it has to do with permissions on files,,,,,,,,,but which files,,,,all of them?,,,,,,,very vague instruction at best,,,,,so, I did not do this,,,,,,

Can anyone help with this please?
Did you installed MyBB by running its Installer ?
Can you please post your forum's URL and the folder where you've Installed/Uploaded the files ?
(2012-01-31, 02:18 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Did you installed MyBB by running its Installer ?
Can you please post your forum's URL and the folder where you've Installed/Uploaded the files ?

I don't see an installer, and don't remember wikimybb saying to do this,,,,,,,,,,,
www.classifiedbilliards.com is the target where I'm trying to set up the forum,,,,,,,but I have no idea if I did anything right. I used the filezilla to upload files,,,,,,,,,,could not find the forum online,,,,then I ran the Apps installer at cPanel for myBB, and still no good. I would like the url to be www.classifiedbilliards.com/forum though I didn't see a way to do this. I'm really lost with this,,,,,,,,,,sorry
Did you just purchase your hosting/domain? It looks like your website isn't up.
yes, I have an account with hawk host, and already had the domain at domain.com, with a homepage website on it. I transfered the domain to hawk host and then diabled the homepage I had up because I want to upgrade all of it. My goal is to have my new homepage at classifiedbilliards.com, and link that to the forum at classifiedbilliards.com/forum. I wander if it isn't propugated yet,,,,,,,but I'm almost positive I did something wrong, as I know there were steps in the installation instructions I did not understand how to do.
Well, first off. Did you even change your nameservers to your host? If you did that, you need to wait because your sites not even up.

When that's done, just go to YourForumURL.com/yourforumdirectory/install

And follow the on-screen instructions.