MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spoiler Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd prefer something simple.
I prefer them to be able to say, [spoiler="hi!"] and it would come out as a button, or as the Hi! with a clickable thing (text that expands the spoiler, a button, etc). I think it gives more freedom.
Spoiler in 2.0 would be a great idea.
everyone practically uses it.
I agree for this nice idea, i hope lot of plugins/tags will be in default in MyBB 2.0.
I completely agree, probably one of the most used mycodes out there.
I am also going to +1 this.

I think its a nice addition. And its a widely used MyCode(BB-code).
I disagree, not all forums use it, unless there's an option to disable it, I'm opposed to it. It should remain as an add-on.
(2012-04-15, 02:40 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree, not all forums use it, unless there's an option to disable it, I'm opposed to it. It should remain as an add-on.

There is always the option to remove things from the editor bar. I don't want users to change text color, so I removed it from the editor ...

I think on most normal communities, Spoiler will see more use than Code. And an e-mail address inserter is just a bad idea, yet it is there, too. Code is already default, so why not Spoiler?
I'm really annoyed by the use of it on non-spoiler uses.

The point of the tags are to prevent people from being spoiled, right?

Those that use it just to divide up their conversations/debates, and hide huge signatures really bugs me.

That's why I wouldn't ever use the tag.
So yeah, as long as I can remove it I'm all good.
It has a lot of other practical uses, e.g. posting a lot of images in a single post. You don't want everyone to have to load or scroll by those images every time, so it's good to post a single image and put the rest under a spoiler. Call it a Cut tag or whatever you want, it's useful. If your members are abusing it, it's your job as an administrator to rectify that.
Pages: 1 2 3