MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.6 released?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just read a thread on http://www.wweforums.net that they updated to 1.6.6. I don't see the update anywhere on the site. Is it it a mistake perhaps?
There's no public 1.6.6 release as yet for certain. I'm not so sure about whether Big Board owners do get early access though - it could be true after all.
(2012-01-31, 09:38 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]There's no public 1.6.6 release as yet for certain. I'm not so sure about whether Big Board owners do get early access though - it could be true after all.

I guess that's probably it. I've seen the owner around MyBB forums and he is a big board owner.
1.6.6 has been pre-released to big board owners, and will be released to the public this weekend, most likely.
1.6.6 will be released publically soon. Big Board Owners are the guinea pigs; after passing SQA, they get the changed files so that any other problems are fixed before general release.

1.6.6 is a security release and fixes 14 low risk vulnerabilities as well as 1 major issue. You can see a list of expected changes in the [wiki]1.6.6[/wiki].

Edit: ninja'd by Paul! Sad
haha Toungue

Yes, Tomm said about the security fixes, too.
Alright, thanks for the clearup. I just opened up a new forum with 165 and was going to be pissed if I had to update right off the bat. Usually, right after updates your forum will get a bunch of bugs temporarily. I didn't want to do that on a brand new forum.
(2012-01-31, 09:49 PM)Warrior01 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, thanks for the clearup. I just opened up a new forum with 165 and was going to be pissed if I had to update right off the bat. Usually, right after updates your forum will get a bunch of bugs temporarily. I didn't want to do that on a brand new forum.

I've never personally had any issue with post-upgrade bugs.
My board is still on 1.6.4 can i skip the 1.6.5 upgrade or will i need to upgrade that first to get the new features.
The upgrade script usually lets you select the previous version, meaning that all the changes in intervening versions are applied too I believe.
Pages: 1 2