MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the user group-guests-settings
I disabled the settings not to see the threads.
But when I entered the site as a guest I can see everything.
I want the guests to see only forum.

Any idea?...

By the way I can close the forum to guests from these settings it works.
The only thread function is not working.
Go to: Admin CP --> Forums and posting --> Choose forum --> Permissions --> Choose Set Custom Permissions --> Uncheck Can view threads within forum?

If that's what you was looking for then great if not then maybe another member can help you like always.
Yes I did this as I told you before

Admin CP --> Forums and posting --> Choose forum --> Permissions --> Choose Set Guests Custom Permissions --> Uncheck Can view threads within forum

It doesnt work. All the other settings are working.

MYBB VERSİON 1.6.5

Did you do it to all the forums??

If you did it right then it'll look like this [attachment=25427] as to my instructing. anyways do you have any plugins?

Yes from here

Admin CP --> Forums and posting --> Choose forum --> Permissions --> Choose Set Guests Custom Permissions -->

I limıted everthing example calender.search.members all of them are working ı can turn them off and on easily only view tread not workıng
And yes ı have plugins.[/quote]
Be sure the user you are viewing as is not in multiple groups. The way MyBB works with regard to permissions is that it runs a "Yes wins" setup whereas if one group a user is in has no permission and another group that user is in, even if an additional group, has permission, the user will end up with permission.

So, whenever there is a permissions conflict, permission will be given.
In user groups we have guests,registered,admistrator etc. as you know
I want my all guests to see the main bord but not the treads.

From user groups forums and massages section I can do everyting all of them are working except can see topic part.

Any idea.
i dont think that the default MyBB install will block thread titles if you can view the forum.

can view forum? removes it from the index page (and search, etc)
can view threads? does NOT remove it from forumdisplay, but you can not open the thread via showthread
We are talking the same thing.

can view forum? removes it from the index page (and search, etc)
This works

can view threads? does NOT remove it from forumdisplay, but you can not open the thread via showthread.
This not guest can open the thread via showthread.

This is the problem. mybb 1.6.5 everything works perfect except this.
When I marked the 1st part the second part works too.
This is the guest user group and I want them to see only forum.

Dont you have a solution for this.
Please help........