MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When i try version Check of mybb, i get the error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This message -->

Warning [2] curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 5563 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5563 curl_exec
/admin/modules/home/version_check.php 54 fetch_remote_file
/admin/index.php 519 require
The following errors were encountered:
There was a problem communicating with the version server. Please try again in a few minutes.

Don't know what is happening.
Seems like a problem with cURL on your host's end. Try contacting them.
They said it is mybb problem, my hosting is down at the moment as well Sad
wallbb.co.uk
(2012-02-01, 11:20 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]They said it is mybb problem

It's annoying when I see hosting companies blatantly lie to their clients like that. It most certainly isn't a MyBB issue.

They have disabled the PHP function curl_exec() on their server. Only your host can enable it.
Sir, they enabled the curl_php and showed me enabled on my hosting. But my bb does not detect it
(2012-02-27, 03:42 AM)Verilog Wrote: [ -> ]Sir, they enabled the curl_php and showed me enabled on my hosting. But my bb does not detect it

It's got nothing to do with MyBB.

Your host needs to remove curl_exec from the disable_functions directive in php.ini
I can back them (Nathan and euan) up on that. Hosts sometimes disable it for security. I know mine does.

Believe who you want, but hosts lie, and we are trying to help you out.
(2012-02-28, 05:18 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I can back them (Nathan and euan) up on that. Hosts sometimes disable it for security. I know mine does.

Believe who you want, but hosts lie, and we are trying to help you out.

I understand buddy. Sad
Do you got access to the file called php.ini?
Please close this thread.
I have understood this is a hosting problem.