MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disappeared signature - MyBB 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-02-14, 11:15 AM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]You've probably not run the 1.6.5 upgrade script correctly. But, I'd expect you to have noticed errors when trying to save user groups if that's the case.

Hey i checked the (can add a signature) in user groups but i click save user group here is what im getting
[Image: 2hf1feu.png]
You've not run the upgrade script correctly then. Running it should fix the problem.
I'm getting no errors in updating groups permissions. Should I try rerunning the install script to be safe?
(2012-02-14, 02:58 PM)General Plot Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting no errors in updating groups permissions. Should I try rerunning the install script to be safe?

If you're not getting an error when saving user group settings then the upgrade script must have been run already. I'm running out of ideas.

Post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in Private Inquiries and a staff member will take a look for you.
Will do. Just as an additional note, I've done the upgrade to 1.6.6 today (and ran the upgrade as normal) which didn't solve this either. I then grabbed the full 1.6.6 release and uploaded it and reran the upgrade which still didn't solve the issue. Definitely a strange one. As for that private inquiries forum, it has a sticky that says it's not for support with forums.
Hate to double post, but I still haven't sorted this issue out, even with a full install of 1.6.6. I don't suppose there are any other suggestions? Thanks.
(2012-02-20, 03:36 PM)General Plot Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to double post, but I still haven't sorted this issue out, even with a full install of 1.6.6. I don't suppose there are any other suggestions? Thanks.

(2012-02-14, 03:46 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]Post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in Private Inquiries and a staff member will take a look for you.

Is there a way to just have it "auto" place the signatures without users having to tick the box? It is quite annoying xD
(2012-02-20, 09:40 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-20, 03:36 PM)General Plot Wrote: [ -> ]Hate to double post, but I still haven't sorted this issue out, even with a full install of 1.6.6. I don't suppose there are any other suggestions? Thanks.

(2012-02-14, 03:46 PM)Alan Shepperson Wrote: [ -> ]Post your Admin, FTP and cPanel login details in Private Inquiries and a staff member will take a look for you.
I would, but as I've said before, that forum has a sticky that specifically states it's not for support with forums, and the rules clearly state that as well:

Quote:Rules for this forum
This forum allows you to talk privately with staff about any issues you have relating to the forum:

The following topics for example should be posted here:

Questions about moderation
Questions about accounts
Questions about warnings
Questions about reported posts
Questions about rules
Feedback for the staff
I can set up a test admin account, etc.., but should I PM someone in staff with the details?

Edit: I've actually gotten this issue solved. Turns out that the upgrade script somehow managed to revert/change my profile options under UserCP to not show avatars/signatures in posts, though oddly enough, avatars were showing and signatures weren't. :p
Hello!

Something similar - On my forum, if a user create a signature, other users will see it only in new posts, after this change. The old post aren't affected by changing signature. Is not normal!!! A singnature must to apply to all user posts in forum!

What can I do?

Thx
Pages: 1 2