MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selective Database Restoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an issue with a member tonight on my forums who apparently became upset with something and went and deleted a ton of threads he had started and posts he had made.

(This was partly my fault as I had left my registered users with the capability to edit and delete their own posts and threads and it hadn't been a problem until now).

I have a fairly recent database backup and I'm wondering, would it be possible to restore the "missing parts" from my backup and bring some of the lost content back that way? I don't want to just revert to the old backup completely, because then obviously I will lose all the recently created stuff.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
i know theres a way to extract it with winrar or 7zip
find the mybb_threads mybb_posts mybb_polls and create another sql.gz archive and goto phpmyadmin and import that archive

recount and rebuild your threads and posts
Thanks for the reply

I did extract the backup but it comes out as a .sql file so I'm not sure how to proceed. I really would like this data back, but at the same time, don't want to lose all my current stuff that occurred since the backup.
Bump?