MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: have sql error for more forum and subforum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
because i have more than thousand of forum and subforums when i click on "cashe managment" / forum i encounter this error:

my bb sql error
sql error 1153 , got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'bytes
Huh
You honestly shouldn't have a thousand forums. I cannot think of any case when any forum would that many boards.

You'll have to ask your host to increase the my.cnf max_allowed_packet value.
omg even hf doesnt have that many sections O_o
and that dude beat me to it^ Toungue
(2012-02-02, 10:03 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You honestly shouldn't have a thousand forums. I cannot think of any case when any forum would that many boards.

I don't think linked to host because i have server and later test in local and have this error
(2012-02-02, 12:20 PM)soori8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-02, 10:03 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You honestly shouldn't have a thousand forums. I cannot think of any case when any forum would that many boards.

I don't think linked to host because i have server and later test in local and have this error

I wouldn't say it if I wasn't sure. Your host needs to increase the max_allowed_packet value in the MySQL my.cnf configuration file.
(2012-02-02, 12:37 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-02-02, 12:20 PM)soori8 Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't say it if I wasn't sure. Your host needs to increase the max_allowed_packet value in the MySQL my.cnf configuration file.

thanks ,ok where I can change my.cnf configuration ?