MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass email, where are the variables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'd like to mass email my users, i read this in the wiki:

Clicking on [Username], [Email Address], [Board Name], or [Board URL]

but I do not have those variables, nothing at all to click on...

How do i insert those?

Thanks

===mybb 1.6.5

L.

{$username}
{$bbname}
{$bburl}
check the information at [Wiki: Admin_CP_Mass_Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead) if you find that the variables are missing then
check for missing / corrupt files thru file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel ..
Hi

When i check for missing/corrupt files it brings me a list of "modified" files:

inc/languages/english/admin/config_settings.lang.php Modifié
inc/languages/english.php Modifié
inc/functions.php Modifié
inc/datahandlers/post.php Modifié
inc/datahandlers/event.php Modifié
inc/datahandlers/pm.php Modifié
inc/datahandlers/user.php Modifié
newthread.php Modifié
install/resources/language.lang.php Modifié

but nothing corrupted or missing, should i do something with those modified files?
inc/functions.php file might be modified for Google SEO . do you remember modifying the other files ? esp. files in inc/datahandlers/
I'd suggest to rename above referred files in inc/datahandlers/ and re-upload fresh files from MyBB source files of your forum version ..
I didn't modify any files in this folder but as I am using Google SEO i am going to try your fix...
I re-upload all files in the inc/datahandlers/ but it doesn't make any difference...

if i understand the file holding variables is at:

admin/modules/users/mass_mail.php

basically if the variables don't show up on my page it should come from this file no?

and i don't see any problem with this file... is there any other file i should check?

^ most probably it requires testing by someone experienced (may be support staff) with required temporary privileges ...
I (almost) found out what was wrong, the problem is with the translated file in French:

inc/languages/french/admin/user_mass_mail.lang.php

there must be something wrong in this file as I am now using the english file and all the variables show up on the page.

But i don't have any idea what could be creating the problem.

Anyway it doesn't matter as now it is working fine.

Thanks for your help!