MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staff only can post...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I am looking to make one of my forums so that everyone can view all the threads in the forum, but only staff can reply to the threads. However, the users should be able to reply to their own threads. They should still be able to look at the other users' threads, but not be able to reply to them.

I want it so that users can reply only to their own threads, and staff can reply to all threads.

Any ideas?
Partially with this;

People are confused with the options of permissions for "Private forums" in MyBB 1.6 . This small guide will walk through the easy steps to setup these permissions.

For example, if you want to make a forum as private and restrict "Registered" user group to see only there own threads within that specific forum, then Go to : ACP > Forums and Management > Select Forum > Edit > Permissions > and "Check" and "Un-check" the options below;

Permissions: for Registered User Group
Can view forum? [Checked]
Can view threads within forum? [Checked]
Can only view own threads? [Checked]
Can download attachments? [Checked]

Permissions: for Admin's and Mods
Can view forum? [Checked]
Can view threads within forum? [Checked]
Can only view own threads? [Un-Checked]
Can download attachments? [Checked]

+ Here Admins and Mods are those User Group who can see every one's thread / posts.
+ Here Registered are those User Group who can only there own created threads / posts.

---
But to allow users to be able to view all threads but deny to post is only possible with a plugin.
Awesome, is there any sort of plugin that would allow me to do so?
I searched but didn't find one, so I'm making you a quick plugin.
I've submitted it to the mods site, it takes few moments to approve, meanwhile you're welcome to grab it from my website: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=4267

All the best!