MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHPBB 2 -> MyBB stuck looping users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I got usergroups to finally convert on merge fine but users is stuck looping on the redirect with this message

1 users are importing right now. There are 0 users left to import and 0 pages left.

Settings, Database Configuration and Usergroups all completed fine.
I can pause and resume but still it loops

as you know I cannot continue without this step.

Thanks for any help
Hate just abandoning a thread when I fix the problem myself.
Here's my solution
added a seperate new install of phpbb3
converted phpbb2 to 3
took the db backup and added to my mybb database
used mybb merge to convert from phpbb3 to mybb
done Smile
Would be better if we could fix the phpBB2 module. Smile
I'll have a look see at this once I upload my old phpBB2 forum's database to my server. Thanks.
Is there a simpler solution?
I had a similar problem with smf 2.0 what I did was just go back and try the step again a few times then it said it was finished
(2012-02-06, 04:17 PM)colour Wrote: [ -> ]I had a similar problem with smf 2.0 what I did was just go back and try the step again a few times then it said it was finished

Bad idea.

(2012-02-06, 04:09 PM)mightysparks Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a simpler solution?

Umm... simpler than fixing it? No. I'm working on doing so now.
I've managed to convert my 2.0 board to 3.0, but I'm having trouble getting that to MyBB. It doesn't acknowledge my database being 3.0 in the merger.
You have to choose phpBB 3 at the start. The Merge System doesn't do this for you automatically, and if you're pointing it at the wrong db it will fail.
I have chosen phpBB 3 at the start. I did the same steps as trevsweb posted:

added a seperate new install of phpbb3
converted phpbb2 to 3
took the db backup and added to my mybb database
used mybb merge to convert from phpbb3 to mybb

but I didn't do the backup thing, I wasn't sure what to do there. I tried backing up the database and importing but I just got errors. I don't know SQL at all, so I don't really know what I'm doing.
I've been waiting for the new version and was hoping that there this problem will be solved, but in release 1.6.3 has faced this problem again. Smile
To be honest, this never got reported to the bug tracker and I kind of... forgot about it Wink
I'll go look at it in just a few minutes and see if its an easy and obvious fix.
Pages: 1 2