MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Updating to 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I thought I could do it this time without help, but no joy.
It has been a while since I last updated (1.6.3), so probably I just can't remember...

Anyway, in the instructions I read:
Quote:Using an ftp client ..., upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:
./inc/settings.php

I take it that I have to physically remove the file "./inc/settings.php" from the UPLOAD directory (and then what do I do with it? I suppose it will be revealed in due course) and then I drop the content of the directory Upload (not the directory itself) inside the root of my forum.

Regarding the plugins, I was reading here and there that there isn't very much to do. I don't even have to switch them off.

Regarding the language files, I have made some modifications here and there, but never thought of keeping a change log... Does it mean I have to make the changes again?

Talking about switching the forum off, the instructions don't say anything about it, but elsewhere it is recommended that it is done using some htaccess file. As nobody else has access to the admin panel, is the "board on/off" sufficient in this case?

Sorry if I am being dense, but I really hate upgrading...

TIA
so you want to upgrade from 1.6.3 to 1.6.5 . it involves uploading of all the files by overwriting earlier files ..
take a backup of required files as you have some modifications in language files & later re do required edits ..

turning board OFF might be sufficient as no one has access to admin panel ..

if it is confusing for you then better to hire someone experienced for a reasonable fee ... BUT wait for releasing of MyBB 1.6.6 & upgrade to it !!