MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum rollback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I currently have a mybb forum with fairly active users on it.
Unfortunately some time around yesterday the forums rolled itself back almost a month. For around 6 hours the forums were rolled back, then it came back again as usual (For just a few users). The new version was there for some users for around 1 hour then it rolled back again for everyone.

I do not have that much experience and I already know that we have problems with our webhost, such as time outs and unavailability.
Basically our webmaster is unavailable for the next 1-2 weeks and can not do anything about this for now.
I do not have much experience about this stuff, also I do not hold the account information for the webhost.

Questions are:
1. Is there anything I can do?
2. Do I need to worry?
3. Can it be restored?
4. Is it a webhost thing or a mybb thing?
5. Why did this happen?
6. How to prevent this?

Running mybb version 1.6.3

Thanks in advance.
It's nothing to do with MyBB. MyBB doesn't have such capabilities. It looks like your webhost has restored backups of your website, in which case you'll need to contact them. There's nothing we can do.
Alright so it is fully up to the webhost as I understand then.
I tried googling about this but I could not find anything, which is why I posted here.
What is your experience about this? Can it be restored?
If you have a recent backup then it might be possible, but really you should take it up with your webhost. They'll be able to help you out to a further extend then we can. Smile
.. AND taking regular backup of the database is very important when such problems are faced very often ...
Thing is that I am do not have the webhost details, this is why I came here to see if I could do anything within the forum or whatever. Thanks anyway a bunch.
^ you might be knowing that database backup is also possible from admin panel - but restoring it requires direct database access ...
Yeah I might have a backup with the new information on my local computer as I took one already when the forums were restored. As it went back and forth with the new and the old forum I'm not sure whether the data is new or old. I took it when the forums were new so hopefully it should be there. (hopefully)